The San Diego Chapter of CNPS and the Garden Native organization have teamed to gather to bring forth a 2014 Garden Tour.
The focus in on beauty AND enlightenment. That’s a combo that would be hard to beat. The gardens show off the sustainable aspects of using native plants in homeowners’ landscapes. This self-guided tour features “…15 spectacular, real-life gardens that demonstrate successful conservation philosophies while nourishing your senses with intoxicating blooms and inspiring designs.”
The Garden Native Tour presents all regions of San Diego County on a rotating basis. This year, they will highlight homes and public gardens from the North County area.
They will have Special Garden Events:
Enjoy these and other fun presentations in the gardens during the Garden Native Tour!
• “Garden Origins: Behind the Tour” by Greg Rubin, owner of California’s Own Native Landscape Design.
• “Native Plant Gardens for Families and Pets” by Kristie Orosco, Indigenous Ethnobotanist, Native Kumeyaay from The San Pasqual Band of Indians.
• “Utilizing Native Plants in Our Everyday Lives” by Kristie Orosco
• “Native Plants and Your Holistic Health” byRoyal Fraser, licensed acupuncturist and diplomate of Oriental Medicine
• Rain barrel demonstration: Learn what rain barrel works best for you, and how your city can help you pay for one
• Invasive species display: Save your garden from common plant mistakes before you put them in the ground
And, don’t miss the fundraiser on March 15th.
Nan Sterman, host of TV show, A Growing Passion
Rick Halsey, director California Chaparral Institute
Special Appearances by:
County Supervisor Dave Roberts
Peder Norby, artisan winemaker
• Enjoy a special preview of our host garden
• Sip local artisan wines and Stone beer to the sounds of live jazz
• Meet gardening celebrities and other San Diego luminaries
• Win silent auction items from native plant nurseries, French Gourmet, and more
Dress: Business casual
Click here for more information on the fundraiser.