The North Coast Chapter of the California Native Plant Society (CNPS) is offering a research grant (2 awards per year) of up to $1,000 for studies of local, native plants. The grant is available to undergraduate and graduate students at Humboldt State University and College of the Redwoods. Its purpose is to encourage learning about native plants in Humboldt, Trinity, Siskiyou and Del Norte Counties and to support projects that will advance knowledge of them.
To apply for the grant submit the following by March 1, 2018 (two pages please):
- Title of the project, applicant’s name, address, phone number, email address, and the date submitted.
- Estimated time frame for project.
- Description of the project: Outline the purposes, objectives, hypotheses where appropriate, and methods of data collection and analysis. Highlight aspects of the work that you believe are particularly important and creative. How will it advance our knowledge of our local native plants?
- Description of the final product.
- Budget: Summarize intended use of funds. Our grant does not approve the outright purchase of capital equipment or high-end items such as computers and software.
- Academic status (school, graduate student, undergrad)
- Letter of support from a sponsor, such as an academic supervisor, major professor, professional associate or colleague should accompany your application.
- Your signature, as the person performing the project and the one responsible for dispersing the funds. All of the information related to your application may be submitted electronically.